Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wrap it Tight

One day and counting.  Girls State is one of those programs that needs to be wrapped real tight before the delegates get here, because it going to start unraveling soon.  Director Jones seems to be on top of those frayed edges pretty well.  Staff have been readying projects, city boxes, decorating, whatever needs to be done to make our new delegates feel welcomed.  Our Staff Meeting is today at 1:00 PM and looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.  Sounds like our week is full of great visitors including, but not limited to, former Congresswoman Heather Wilson, former Lt. Gov. Diane Denish, a representative from NM State Police, etc.  Hopefully I will be able to give you dates and times for these guests.  Need to start my day, so will post more later.  Hopefully there will be posts from City reporters tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy! It sounds like so much fun! Wish I could be there with you! I'll watch the blog though...this is a great idea. On of the girls from Deming is my property manager's granddaughter. Allison Wycoff. If you see her tell her Hi for me. She's a sweetheart. Give Alisha my best!
    Love you all!
    Totsie GO YUCCA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I still can't type! You know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete